In Kenya we are told that a big percentage of human body consists of water. Hence water is an ingredient that life is made of, without which life is impractical. An initiative for clean water is a noble thinking if not task, and every life that wishes to live with potentiality needs clean and safe water to do so. God made all beings in a manner that interrelates a circle of benefits from everything that we have and to everything that we give onto others during our lives. In terms of water see the following:
- We can support the UN by planting trees around us, hence we shall benefit from the sustainable rain circles which in turn makes water available for consumption.
- We also need to stop deforestation and promote forestation.
- We need to recycle water to avoid water wastage, in this manner it would be possible to save water for others to use.
- Safeguard rivers and lakes in the areas especially its source. Poor management of rivers and lakes can easily turn to dry lakes or rivers hence lack of water.
- Keeping environment clean is also essential tool in helping the UN to make it available safe and clean water for millions, clean environment does not pollute.
- Improved modern ways of water harvesting, that we need to adopt modern ways of harvesting and storing water to avoid contamination.
- Proper water treatment, for example boiling and cooling water before drinking, or modern treatment using water guard, chlorine etc.
- Proper sewerage management reduces or eliminates water contamination hence clean and safe water.
- Developing or construction of toilets, like in Kenya most parts toilets are not there and or most families cannot afford to make toilets. Many help themselves in the bush, and up country the society depend on spring water or bore holes during rainy season. Bodily remains can easily find its way into the bore hole or water springs this can bring about contamination.