By Rev. Wasike and Lia
Three weeks ago Rev Wasike, Millicent Aswata, Ericah Kiptoo traveled from Nairobi to Kimilili to give the CBSM women’s co-op their first business training workshop. The workshop took place on May 16th, 2009 at the CBSM School from 8 am to 5 pm.
The purpose of the training was to empower targeted women with knowledge that could help them run the Village Phone Salon businesses profitably and be self-reliant in business environment. Also, the training needed to instruct them about how to keep records properly, so that they could know in the future if they are making profit or loss and what actions needs to be taken in case of either. Women were also trained on how to manage borrowed mirco-finances (loans) and repayments among others.
In order to achieve the above, the business practice training was designed specifically to meet the needs of the local available challenges in business environment.
2. Factors considered in choosing a Business
3. Basic Business Management Skills
4. Business Communication Skills
5. Time Management Skills
6. Leadership Skills
7. Marketing and Customer Care
8. Setting SMART Objectives and Goals for VPS
9. SWOT Analysis of VPS Business
10. Business or Product Diversification available within Kimilili area
11. Training on Phone Operations
12. Handing and maintenance of the phones
Methods of Training
Instructional presentation of theories
Illustration of practical examples
Group asking specific questions
In the next post, I will mention how the day progressed.