Now that sister Millicent is situated in her new home, we are thinking about holding another Best Business Training Workshop. If all goes well, we will hold Worshop II (Workshop I was last spring) at the end of October. The outline looks the following:
Participants: up to 21 of the participants who attended the first best business practice workshop (all the 8 Village Phone Operators (VPOs)).
Trainers: Rev. Wasike as spiritual guide and motivator, Millicent and Ericah for business practice training, Wilfred and Samuel for agriculture and garden practice training
Goals: The goal of this workshop is to deepen the knowledge of the participants’ best business practices, as was taught in the first workshop, and to create an exchange of business experiences (e.g. Janerose’s and Margaret’s Village Phone Salons (VPS)) so that others can learn from each other.
Time: a whole day’s workshop
Location: CBSM school
Needed volunteers: persons to prepare beverages and midday meal
Workshop schedule should include time to do the following:
- to repeat some of the business material content from the last workshop to refresh their memories
- to explain in more detail some of the topics that were discussed only briefly the first time
- to explain new information about possible small-scale gardening and agricultural practices
- to discuss different small scale business ideas
- to calculate the finances needed to set up these business models