The year 2010 is coming to a conclusion; the CBSM family in Kimilili is taking stock of its achievements and making comparisons to the same seasons in previous years. From all our hearts, we have a lot to thank you and God for the year 2010!
There is growth and stability of the projects than there was at the same time previous year. And there is hope. Together we have laid a foundation that shall benefit generations beyond our life span. Thank you for being part of this foundation.
CBSM board members, the women groups, teachers, and the confessions of children have moved from desperate talk to confidence. Thank you for being source of hope for the hopeless.
Thank you all for the school land. The generous donations we received from all over the world was inspiring for those CBSM members living in a rural area where they often feel isolated and left alone with their worries. There is now a solid home for the school, and the end to paying rents and a good step towards making the school more self-sustainable.
Thank you for women groups vocational training programs that has enabled them to do business with confidence against all the odds. They have learnt to overcome the challenges posed previously by lack of capital, information and face the cultural prohibitions that required women to be child bearing alone.
CBSM has functional structures in place for better service delivery to the community and this has been possible by sharing information, ideas, etc. Thank you very much.
Evaluation of overall our CBSM achievements include amongst other things the following:
- Building a strong board of managers in Kimilili to take over the day-to-day running of the school and business supervision and community matters
- Proposal writing by the UN online volunteer groups
- Producing new learning manuals for our women co-ops and youth group vocational gardening training program
- The start-up of three new small-scale businesses concentrating on bulk seed storage and distribution and running a bakery
- Holding the first CBSM Kimilili Football Tournament
- Holding four successful fund raising events in Kimilili, Nairobi, Ireland, and Germany
- Raising sufficient funds for the purchase of school land and lease of a further plot of land for sports and school gardens
- Receiving the volunteer assistance of Sebastian (Germany) and Vicki (Ireland) in our Kimilili community towards building stronger international ties and for cultural exchange
Your monetary donations, information, ideas, willingness to be part of the team, sharing the life and work of the CBSM members with others has contributed greatly towards these achievements. We thank everybody for the role they played. It is the source of energy for our growth.
Thank you, Lia, for providing overall leadership to CBSM without which it would have been very difficult for the momentum to be sustained throughout the year. Thank you all for your teamwork, for sparing time for CBSM. Thank you and may God remember to bless you all.
Kindly, the CBSM family in Kenya wish every one a prosperous and successful New Year and continued teamwork together for the year 2011!
on behalf of the CBSM women’s groups, children and board of management
please forward to as many as all that know CBSM